Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wake up Call

Well, I'm still pregnant. I started contractions yesterday afternoon which continued until about 8:30 last night. Nothing very severe, but contractions all the same. The baby is fine, he took a page out of Rocco's "How to annoy Mommy while she is pregnant" book and kicked at every contraction. I had a very sore tummy. The nurses gave me some ambient to help me sleep through the night. It worked great, I finally woke up around 4:30 this afternoon. Blood work doesn't show any problems with infection. If I still feel under the weather again tomorrow they may check it again.

The doctors here will not stop active labor once it starts. If I don't feel well again tomorrow and my white blood cell count is higher, they will induce me. They will not give me anymore antibiotic while I'm still pregnant. So everyone is hoping that I feel better. They also said I could have false labor contractions (the type I had yesterday) for weeks before I go into active labor. So it is still anyone's guess as to when I have this baby.

No comments: