Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Couple of Steps Back

Today was a disappointing, yet unexpected day. Friday, the Doctors decided since I haven't had any leaking since Sunday and all our vitals have been beautiful, to start exploring the possibility of my membrane resealing. I was encouraged to take a few short walks around the ward and they did a simple test yesterday. I woke up early this morning to the familiar cramping and soon discovered I had started to leak again. I've most decidedly haven't healed.

There is no way to know if the test, the walking, both combined, or just that I've gained enough fluids again to make the membrane leak. So far this episode has not produce any contractions and I'm not showing any signs of infections. Fishface is still strong and giving the nurses a hard time when we have to monitor him. All of which are great achievements to have each day. Even though Ben and I did not share the Doctor's optimism on me healing, we are both rather disappointed.

No comments: