Monday, May 12, 2008

The Start of Another Week

This Tuesday I will be 27 weeks. My condition hasn't changed much at all in the last week. I am very stable and (knock on wood) I still haven't had a contraction. The baby is doing just as well. Last week his heart rate changed slightly to show that his brain activity is maturing. Up until then the heart rate was very steady with very little slowing or speed ups. Now the heart rate still has a steady base rate, but you can see dips and bumps that I can almost correlate with his movements and waking up. Today the high risk doctor called his heart rate gorgeous.

The only other exciting news is, he was about 2 lbs and 4 Oz's on Thursday when we had our routine 2 week ultrasound. Most 26 week old are just under 2 lbs. So he is growing very nicely despite having little fluid around him. The fluid levels looked low but that is expected. Everything else on the ultrasound looked good.

I had a wonderful day yesterday with a long visit from Rachel, Ben, and most of the April family. Yesterday was the first visit from Rachel where she really relaxed and was herself here.

No comments: