Wednesday, May 7, 2008

2 Weeks and Still Good

Today was my second full week in the hospital. All the doctors are very pleased that I'm still stable and the baby is doing well. Already I've beaten a lot of odds with a ruptured membrane. From here there is no way to guess when or if I'll go into labor. Right now the plan is for me to get as far as I can and if I get to 34 weeks, they will induce me. If I make it to 28 weeks, Dartmouth will talk to Southern NH to decide if I can continue this closer to home. A lot can happen between now and then.
I've also reach 26 weeks which is also a small milestone for the baby. A big development is the baby is now starting to practice breathing. The practicing will help strengthen the lungs which will mature around 28 to 30 weeks. Another development is the ability to open eyes and distinguish light from dark.
I've been incredibly lucky to have visitors almost everyday. And everyone is supplying me with little projects and books to keep my occupied. Thanks Everyone!

No comments: