Saturday, September 20, 2008

Welcome back Tyler.

About an hour ago I was feeding Tyler. When we started he was a Tyler shaped person with a distant gaze and some faint Tyler-ish mannerisms. By the time he had finished sucking down about 80 cc (3 Oz) the baby in my arms was Tyler! His inquisitive eyes are back. He will again reach for hands and fingers, lift his head and look around when I burp him and will even smile for familiar faces. Most of his un-Tyler-ish-ness was attributed to the Morphine, residual anesthetic and being rather uncomfratable from surgery, but I think we both had a lurking fear that there was something more going on in that head of his. Tonight those fear are starting to ease away.

Tonight Sharron and I took turns visiting the ICN. I ran into one of Tyler's Primary nurses, his favoriate respiatory therapist and the nurse practitioner who came to pick him up in the helecopter on day one. It was nice to visit with familiar faces.

No comments: