Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Warning Warning, Danger Will Robinson!!!

Let this be a warning to all!
Do not, under any circumstances expose Tyler's bum. EVER!

I got nailed. He got me good! Tyler waited for the gap between the last wipe and placement of the diaper and took his shot. Between the fits of laughter the nurses were able calm down long enough to finally offer me some scrubs to wear for the day. If you can't laugh at that you are dead.

In addition to the "First projectile pooped on dad" milestone we also crossed the 1 month barrier. Today is day 31 of life it is also the first day of gestational week 33! Today's weight is 1735 or 3lbs. 14 oz. just about 1 pound above birth weight. Tyler had an eye-exam yesterday that result came back immature (as expected). They will re-check in a week or two.

They just rolled Tyler out for his follow-up head MRI. They wrap him up in a little strait-jacket (Looks like a little blue burrito) and replace all of his monitors and respiratory with non-ferrous(not magnetic) versions. They tell me he should be back in 10 minutes. Hopefully we'll have the results today.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hey guys, I just found out that my college roommate, Hope, was 2 lbs, 14 oz., born at 29 weeks. And she's the smartest person I know (except the Aprils). So start reading that boy some quantum physics. Maybe he'll use it to improve his poop aim.