Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The last thing we need is a longer 2008 !?!?

The boys in France has decided that the earth is running slow in its annual slog around the sun. So now 2008 needs to be made one second longer by adding a leap second. [The official notice] How on earth they did not notice that we have had enough of 2008 is beyond me. Wouldn't it be just as easy to add a second to the beginning of 2009?

I don't think they make words to describe the kind of year that this has been (At least none that I would want my mother or grandmother to read). We have all been through the ringer in so many ways it is hard to know where to start. I have looked over this blog from time to time this past year. Every time I end up with the strangest feeling. The events behind the posts comes rushing back, as does the sinking feeling. It's a great way to remember where we have been and an important reminder of what we still have in front of us.

Tyler is doing great! He's is really starting to like the rice cereal. Sharron took his monthly "Penguin Picture" today and sure enough he's still growing like a weed!


Rachel giving Tyler a kiss.


Despite not liking 2008, I am reminded everyday that the events as awful as they were at the time developed into the kindest sweetest little boy. I may never want to do that again, but I also wouldn't trade Tyler in for anything.

1 comment:

Anne said...

You have 2 sweet kids there - Rachel is always ready to give hugs and I think Tyler knows how much we like him to smile and giggle!!! 2009 WILL be better!