Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Small ups and downs.

His face lite up at the sight of his new balloon.

Reaching for his Thomas balloon.  Thank you!
Tyler loves roller coasters I think.  He made it through last night without a problem.  He was very quiet and peacefully sleeping with great oxygen levels from room air.  No help last night.  They were walking into the room to discuss going home this morning at 8 when his stupid pulse ox alarm starts to blare.  Two sensor changes, putting the sensor on the other toe, on his finger, and back on the first toe, move his position and he clearly was desating.  Sigh.  The nurse had told me last night if he made it through the night without desating we could go home today.  As I laid on the sleeper chair Ben affectedly swears is the latest torture device down in Gitmo, I stupidly got my hopes up that tonight I could sleep in my own bed.  Oh well.  David's House will have to do.  So by this afternoon he is back off his oxygen.  He's chipper and smiley at times.  Then he's calm and resting other times. Really all in all he had a good day and the bumps in his roller coaster are more kiddie size.  So enjoy Ben your turn on Gitmo. 

No comments: